It’s Monday. Time to reach for those goals.
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Build to a moderate set of 3 in the Zercher squat. If you’ve done this before use the same exact box height. Remember to sit back on the box while keeping your back tight then explode up. Although this movement looks unorthodox to be open-minded because you’ll be surprised how effectively this movement hits your quads/upper-back.
– Metcon: Testing piece today should be completed as fast as possible, 90% effort throughout with the lateral burpees done at near maximal effort. Deadlifts should be capable of being done in 3 sets or less.
1) Zercher Box Squat: 6 x 3. Rest 2:00 1RM Previously done on 20180409
– Build to a moderate set of 3 in 6 sets.
– Beginner: 5 x 5-8 Goblet Squat, using one weight for all sets. Rest 90s.
2) Metcon Prep
3 Rounds of:
3 Touch n Go Deadlifts building in weight
6 Lateral Burpees
”Batwings” Previously done on 20180412
30 Calorie Bike
30 Deadlifts (225, 155)
30 Lateral Burpees
L3: (185, 125)
L2: (155, 105)
L1: (60s Max Cals on Bike) (135, 95) (Regular Burpees or Squat Thrusts)
Bike = 45 Calorie Row or 30 Cal Ski Erg or 400m Run
Partner Specials: 3 x max reps each.
Chase down your goals with an unrelenting will. Don’t stop until you have your teeth sunken in and crush them all.