Thursday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Final week of Speed Back Squats with a 1 count pause. All sets should be fast and completed with zero hesitation. Transition right into seated dynamic box jumps. No one should be struggling with any of their sets of back squats.
– Metcon: Today’s Metcon is a new benchmark and intended to be heavy, likely a weight you’ll complete slower singles with. Challenge yourself and go heavy today!
1) Speed Back Squat with 1-second pause at the bottom of each rep: 5 x 4 @65-70%, every 60s.
2) Seated Dynamic Box Jumps: 5 Jumps, every 60s x 3 sets.
3) Squat Cleans: Work up to a Metcon weight in 3-4 sets performing singles. Between sets perform 30 Double Unders or attempts. Rest 60s.
4 Squat Cleans (185, 125)
40 Double Unders
L3: (135, 95)
L2: (115, 80) (40 Double Under Attempts)
*30 Single Unders after each set
1a) KB Shrugs: 4 x 10 (1 ct at top). Rest 30s.
1b) KB RDLs (both legs): 4 x 10. Rest 30s.
Practice happens at the edge of your ability; play happens at the core of your competence.