1st day in the NEW location 🙂 Just want to thank everyone for the help with moving. It was really an amazing turn out of volunteers. Remember not to go on auto pilot and put 1810 W Amador into your maps if you need to 😉
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Today we are working for a max in a deadlift with the plates slightly elevated (on 25# plates). This will allow us to work slightly heavier than normal and reinforce good starting position. This was last done on 12/29
– Metcon: Today’s benchmark workout is 100% strategy. Your pace for your burpees will be the difference maker and determine how fast you can knock out your squat snatches. The loading for the squat snatches should be moderate-light where you can complete fast singles, the same weight you used for “Isabel”. Your pacing will range from being conservative with the burpees to 90-95% effort with fast squat snatches.
1) Sumo Deadlift off 2″ plates: 1RM. Rest 2:00
– If you have chains, use them.
– Plates are elevated 2″ off the floor with either 25# plates or mats.
– Beginners: 5 x 5, 2″ off the floor adding weight if form permits. Rest 2:00
2) Squat Snatch: Warm-up performing sets of 2 work slight above desired metcon weight.
60 Bar Facing Burpees
21 Squat Snatches (135, 95)
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
45 DB Thrusters (light)
1a) Bulgarian Split Squat: 3 x 6 ea. Rest 30s.
1b) Reverse Crunch: 3 x 10. Rest 30s.
IF YOU WANT THE THINGS YOU’VE NEVER HAD… YOU GOTTA DO THE THINGS YOU’VE NEVER DONE.