Shout out to Kelsey and Jeff P. who went to Amarillo this past weekend to compete and raise funds for Mission 2540 the Feed, Clothe, Love (and Lift) event. Even Froning’s sweaty workout shirt went for top dollar to rasise funds as well.
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Build to a max Zercher Box Squat in 8-10 sets. If you’ve done this before, use the same exact box height (or same as you used on 2RM test on 12/18/17). Remember to sit back on the box while keeping your back tight then explode up. Although this movement looks unorthodox to be open-minded because you’ll be surprised how effectively this movement hits your quads/upper-back.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout is last done 11/17/17. This workout is all about starting out with a comfortable 400m Run and then going for broke on your bear complex 90-95% effort. Look to complete 15+ reps.
1) Zercher Box Squat: 1RM. Rest 2:00
*Start by performing 3 sets of 3 adding weight each set then start your sets of 1.
– Use a 13-15″ Box
– 8-10 Singles to Build to a Max
– We performed a 2RM on 12/18/17
– Have spotters on both sides of the bar
– Beginner: 5 x 5, adding weight if form permits. Rest 2:00
2) Bear Complex: Take 10 Minutes and warm-up performing singles + 3 lateral burpees after each set to get heart-rate up. Rest as needed between sets.
400 Meter Run
Remaining time: Max Bear Complex (135, 95)
– Squat Clean Thruster + Back Squat Thruster
*Score = total reps.
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (75, 55)
Beginner Option: DB Man Makers
1a) Zercher Goodmornings: 3 x 10 (Light). Rest 30s.
1b) Low Band Reverse Abs: 3 x 10. Rest 30s.
EXERCISE IS A CELEBRATION OF WHAT YOUR BODY CAN DO. NOT A PUNISHMENT FOR WHAT YOU ATE.