New benchmark WOD on deck. Looks like a good one so choose your weights wisely to finish within the time cap.
Friday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Week 2 of Speed Bench Work. Your weight should be exactly the same as last week to ensure we are being as explosive as possible each set. It may be feel light, but you actually utilize more high threshold motor units by moving weight as fast as possible so don’t underestimate the value of this work.
– Metcon: Today’s metcon is going to challenging you from multiple perspectives both mentally and physically. Be careful with your weight choice today as this is an easy one to underestimate. Start with 70% of max effort and work on increasing your pace each set.
1) Speed Bench Press: 9 x 3 @50%, every 60s.
– Change Grip every 3 sets ie. close, medium, and wide grip.
– Use chains or bands if possible and drop the load to 40%.
2) Metcon Warm-up/Prep x 2-3 rounds of:
1a) Hang Power Clean + Push Press x 3 + 2. Rest 30s.
1b) Overhead Squat x 3. Rest 30s.
1c) T2B x 5. Rest 30s.
15 Hang Power Cleans (115, 75)
15 Push Press (115, 75)
15 Box Jumps w. Step Down (24, 20)
15 Overhead Squats (115, 75)
L3: (95, 65)
L2: (Knee Lifts) (75, 55) (20, 15)
L1: (Knee Lifts) (65, 35) (20, 15 Step-ups) (53, 35 Goblet Squat for OHS)
With one light band complete:
50 Banded Face Pull-aparts
50 Banded Pull-Downs
50 Banded Pull-aparts
*All without stopping
Success is not a commodity. It is created.