Lot’s of strength and lot’s of toes to bar today. Way to hang on to that bar and miss those burpees! We will be wrapping up this week with some more solid barbell strength with this combo of bench press.
Friday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: 9-speed sets of Bench press changing your grip every 3 sets from close, medium, and wide grip. All sets should be explosive so if you’re “grinding” any of the reps you’re missing the boat. Drop the load and move faster. The purpose with all speed work is developing force. This will apply to many other things we do in CrossFit.
– Metcon: Today we are looking for maintaining all of our row intervals around 70-75% effort. BB Rows should be able to be completed in 2 sets or less. Don’t push harder than 75% today and focus on efficient pacing.
1) Speed Bench Press: 9 x 3 @50%, every 60s.
– Change Grip every 3 sets ie. close, medium, and wide grip.
– Use chains or bands if possible and drop the load to 40%.
2) Banded Alphabet: 2 Sets on each side. Rest 60s.
– Small letters with these + squeeze abs hard!
Row 400 Meters
Overhead KB Carry x 100 Ft. (45s, 25s)
10 Barbell Rows (135, 95)
Rx+:(53s, 35s for OH Carry)
L3: (115, 80)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (75, 55)
*Athlete choice on Overhead KB Carry weight if scaling
250m Row = 200m Run or 15/12 Calorie Bike or Ski Erg
1a) Barbell Curls: 3 x 10. No rest.
1b) Alt. DB Curls: 3 x 10 ea. No rest.
1c) Elbow Out Tricep Extensions: 3 x 15. Rest 60s.