CrossFit is a common thread that binds uncommon lives; we are part of something larger. We are a part of a community where everyone had to start with one kipping pull-up, one burpee and one back squat. We are a part of a community that comes together WOD after WOD, day after day, week after week to reach our goal. We are a part of a community whose individual goals could be as different as training for a marathon or just trying to keep up with our grandchildren but whose collective goal is to complete that rep, that exercise, that workout together.
Over the last five weekends we all did some version of the workouts from the CrossFit Open. For some this was their first time signing up to some veterans whom have done multiple times. The goal is different for everyone, for me it is always to have fun with everyone first; whether I’ve actually worked on my weaknesses.
This CrossFit Open we saw many firsts from you all, along with some super cool PR’s from many of you that thought what the hell, let’s give it a shot. And low and behold, y’all found that intensity and drive to lay it all out there. So exciting! Thank you all for giving it your best and surprising yourselves! You have set the new mark for this next season of CrossFit.
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Build to a new 2RM in the Back Squat. The goal is to hit your current 1RM for 2 today. Take 6-8 sets and progressively build in weight increasing your rest interval as the weight gets heavier.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout from October 20th. The goal of this piece is to focus on being efficient with the barbell and strategy as it’s easy to overshoot this one. Effort should be around 80-85% and loading should be heavy-ish for the squat cleans, likely a weight you’ll perform singles with.
1) Back Squat: 2RM. Rest 2:00
– Build to a 2RM over the course of 6-8 sets.
– Try to match your current 1RM for 2 Today
– Beginner: 5 x 5, adding weight if form permits. Rest 2:00
2) Metcon Warm-up
2 Sets at fast pace:
4 Hang Power Cleans
3 Squat Cleans
*Start with a moderate weight. Round 2 should be the same weight you plan on using in the Metcon
45 Deadlifts (155, 105)
30 Hang Power Cleans (155, 105)
15 Squat Cleans (155, 105)
L3: (135, 95)
L2: (115, 75)
L1: (95, 65)
3 Rounds of:
15 Band Resisted Russian KBS
12 Goblet Reverse Lunges (6 each)
10 Reverse Crunches
*No rest between movements, but rest 60s after all 3.
There are no such thing as setbacks. All those things you think you need to overcome are just opportunities for you to get stronger, for you to get better. It’s all part of the process.