We make starting easy. You show up, and let us take care of the rest.
Thursday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Today we’ll start a 3-week cycle of Dynamic work with Paused Front Squat/RDLs. You should be able to explode out of the hole on every front squat so drop loading if needed. As soon as you’re done with your Front Squats proceed right into your RDLs with the same weight you used for front squats.
– Metcon: Today’s ”Metcon” is more of an accessory piece for the abs/lower body with the added incentive to hold onto the barbell longer to avoid doing burpees. Try to get your lunges done in no more than 3 sets. The weight you choose should be heavy to complete 10 reps with. Strategy is key with T2B as Front Rack Lunges are already demanding on the core. Break sets early on T2B to avoid excessive fatigue.
1) EMOM 8: 3 Paused Front Squats @65-70%.
– 2 Second pause on each rep.
2) EMOM 4: 5 RDLs @same weight as Front Squat
”Abs of Steel” Previously done on 20180329
50 Front Rack Walking Lunges (115, 75)
*Every time you drop the bar complete 10 Bar Facing Burpees
L3: (95, 65)
L2: (Knee Lifts) (75, 55)
L1: (Abmat Sit-ups) (Light Walking DB Lunges) (Regular Burpees)
GLUTES + HAMS (50:00 – 60:00)
100-150 Banded Pull-Through
Put your heart, mind and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. –Swami Sivananda