Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Work up to a heavy cluster set of Power Snatch. The purpose of cluster sets is to use intra-set rest to ensure we are recovered before each effort. This allows us to refine technique and work with heavier loads.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout “Isabel”. This workout is individually based in terms of how you approach this. If you’re strong with snatches and efficient with Touch n go, then perform big sets and go all out. If not, performing fast singles is another option. Either way, this workout should not take longer than 6 minutes to complete and is intended to be done at near maximal effort.
1) Power Snatch Cluster Sets: Build to a heavy set of 1.1.1 (10s). Rest 2:00
– Complete 1 rep, drop + rest 10s until you’ve done this for 3 reps. Rest 2:00 after all 3 cluster reps.
– Take 7-8 total sets and build in weight
– Int: Stick with a moderate weight for all sets
– Beginner: Light weight power snatches x 3 reps per set.
2) Touch N Go Power Snatch: Drop your loading and focus on cycling sets of 3 for 3 sets at max effort. Rest 60s.
30 Power Snatches (135, 95)
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (75, 55)
6 Cals Assault Bike or 6 Burpees
10 Deadlifts (95, 65)
1a) Snatch Grip Power High Pulls: 3 x 8. Rest 30s.
1b) Half-Kneeling Banded Rotations: 3 x 10 ea. Rest 30s.
“Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” –George S. Patton