Friday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Final week of Speed Work, but this week we’ll switch to 3-speed sets with close grip bench and 3 “heavier” sets. These heavier sets should not be maximal and feel smooth.
– Metcon: Today’s piece should be done around 70% effort meaning you’re able to go through each station and complete all the listed work with no issues. Today is not supposed to be brutally hard, but should still get your heart-rate up. This work is both conditioning and GPP based and very effective for improving your conditioning.
1) Speed Close Grip Bench Press: 3 x 3 @50%, every 60s.
Then, 3 x 3, up to a moderate weight of 3 Close Grip. Rest 2:00 between heavy sets.
– Use chains or bands if possible and drop the load to 40%.
– To see what type of speed we are looking for “speed sets” click here
2) Banded Pallof Press Iso Hold, Wide Stance: 3 x 12s each side. Rest 45s.
Minute 1: 50 Ft. each Arm Bottoms-up KB Carry (light)
Minute 2: 15 KBS (53, 35)
Minute 3: 40 Double Unders
Minute 4: 15 T2B
Minute 5: 15 Ground to Overhead with a plate (45, 25)
L2: (35, 25) (40s Double Under Attempts) (Knee Lifts) (25,15)
L1: (35, 25 Russian Swings) (40s Single Unders) (Abmat Sit-ups) (15, 10)
Rollback Tricep Extensions on the Floor: Max Reps in 4:00
We must define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worst that has been done to us.