Good read from the CrossFit Journal: Change Your Life in 24 Hours
Thursday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Final week of Front Squat/Sumo Deadlift. Loading today may be a little slower than last week, but overall you should still be able to be efficient on each set. Take 3 sets to warm-up. This work should be done every 45-60s and fast-paced.
– Metcon: Testing piece today should be completed as fast as possible, 90% effort throughout with the lateral burpees done at near maximal effort. Deadlifts should be capable of being done in 3 sets or less.
1) Speed Front Squat: 3 x 3 @80%, every 60s.
2) Ultra Wide Sumo Deadlift: 3 x 3 @80%, every 60s.
– Reset on each rep.
– Beginner: Focus on Technique
– Make sure your athletes are gripping the bar correctly (hand touching the knurling).
3) 1 Round of:
8 Touch n go deadlifts with metcon weight
8 Lateral Burpees
10s Max Effort Bike
30 Calorie Bike
30 Deadlifts (225, 155)
30 Lateral Burpees
L3: (185, 125)
L2: (155, 105)
L1: (60s Max Cals on Bike) (135, 95) (Regular Burpees or Squat Thrusts)
Bike = 45 Calorie Row or 30 Cal Ski Erg or 400m Run
20 Double Leg Banded Leg Curls each
10 Banded Ab Pulldowns
“No matter what happens, no matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it. Have an unrelenting belief that things will work out, that the long road has a purpose, that the things that you desire may not happen today, but they will happen. Continue to persist and persevere.” –Brad Gast