Thursday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Week 2 of Dynamic Effort work with Front Squat and Sumo Deadlift. Your weights this week should only be slightly heavier, but all sets should be fast and done every 45-60s. This work should be challenging in terms of consistent output with only short rest intervals. If you’re doing this work right you should be winded. Make sure you reset on each deadlift rep (not touch n go).
– Metcon: Each set should be at 90% effort and highly uncomfortable. Use a weight for your touch n go conventional deadlifts that are challenging to complete all 15 reps UB. Effort on the bike should near maximal! Score = fastest split. Heads up we are doing a similar tester workout next week so this will give you a good idea how next Friday’s workout should feel.
1) Speed Front Squat: 4 x 3 @75%, every 60s.
2) Ultra Wide Sumo Deadlift: 4 x 3 @75%, every 60s.
– Reset on each rep.
– Beginner: Focus on Technique
– Make sure your athletes are gripping the bar correctly (hand touching the knurling).
3) 1 Round of:
8 Touch n go deadlifts with metcon weight
8 Lateral Burpees
10s Max Effort Bike
Every 4:00 x 3 Sets:
15 Calorie Bike
15 Deadlifts (225, 155)
*Score = fastest split
L3: (185, 125)
L2: (155, 105)
L1: (20s Max Effort Bike) (135, 95)
*Alternate Scaling Options
Bike = 150m Max Effort Row or 15 Lateral Burpees
1a) Bird dogs: 3 x 5 each (3 count hold one each rep). Rest 30s.
1b) Half Kneeling Banded High to Low Woodchop: 3 x 10 ea. Rest 30s.
THE SQUAT IS THE PERFECT ANALOGY FOR LIFE; IT’S ABOUT STANDING BACK UP AFTER SOMETHING HEAVY TAKES YOU DOWN.