Thursday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Speed Front Squats/Sumo Deadlifts today. Both should only take about 3 sets of warm-up. We will go right from Front Squats to Sumo Deadlifts today. These sets should be fast/efficient and will be done EMOM style so your heart-rate should be pretty elevated.
– Metcon: Today’s “Metcon” is more of an accessory piece for the abs/lower body with the added incentive to hold onto the barbell longer to avoid doing burpees. Try to get your lunges done in no more than 3 sets. The weight you should choose should be heavy to complete 10 reps with. The strategy is key with T2B as Front Rack Lunges are already demanding on the core. Break sets early on T2B to avoid excessive fatigue.
1) Speed Front Squat: 4 x 4 @70%, every 60s.
2) Ultra Wide Sumo Deadlift: 4 x 3 @70%, every 60s.
– Reset on each rep.
– Beginner: Focus on Technique
– Make sure you grip the bar correctly (hand touching the knurling).
3) T2B Warm-up x 5:00
“Abs of Steel”
50 Front Rack Walking Lunges (115, 75)
*Every time you drop the bar complete 10 Bar Facing Burpees
L3: (95, 65)
L2: (Knee Lifts) (75, 55)
L1: (Abmat Sit-ups) (Light Walking DB Lunges) (Regular Burpees)
Banded Plank Rows: 4 x 10 ea. Rest 60s.