As usual the Open tests our limits and brings out the best; so many people surprised themselves. We had so many first Pull Ups and even a Muscle Up! And even a massive 10k row for our special visitor on Saturday! 🙂 Thank you to everyone who pitched in on the new place, we really appreciate all your hard work!
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: The goal today is to work on refining our OHS so try not to sacrifice your form for heavier loading.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout. Try to beat previous time by 30-60s. Completing lunges in as a few of sets as possible is your goal today. This workout was last done on 20171106
1) Overhead Squat: 6 x 3 @75%, every 60s.
– Work up to 75% or a moderate weight in 3-4 sets x 3 reps per set.
– Beginner: Goblet or Front Squat: 5 x 5. Rest 90s.
2) Warm-up Power Cleans + OH KB Lunges x 3 sets of 3 reps for cleans/3 reps each leg for lunges. Rest 60s.
“Short + Sweet”
10 Power Cleans (135, 95)
20 Double KB Walking OH Lunges (53s, 35s)
L3: (115, 75) (35s, 25s)
L2: (95, 65) (Weighted walking lunges)
L1: (65, 35) (BW Lunges)
Beginner: Clean Grip Deadlifts in place of Cleans (135, 95)
Plank Complex of Side Plank + Elbow Plank + Side Plank: 4 x 10s each. Rest 30s.
*Squeeze abs hard on each.
Gotta move different when you want different. Can’t be the same and expect change.