Just sign up for the CrossFit Open! No, really you should… What better way to showcase your hard work and do those workouts with a fun bunch of athletes. Everyone is capable and here is the link. CrossFit Open Sign up
Wednesday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: 4 Gymnastics tests today that you should record and keep track off. Rest as much as needed between movements.
– Metcon: Each set should be around 40s of work. If not scale accordingly. This “metcon” contains gymnastics work and accessory work so quality > quantity. Score = Open goals.
1) Strict Pull-ups: 1 x Max.
*Strict Band Assisted Pull-up
2) Handstand Push-up: 1 x Max.
*Seated DB Shoulder Press x Max Reps
3) Strict Chin-ups: 1 x submax.
*Strict Ring Rows
4) Push-ups: 1 x Max.
*Rest as much as needed between sets.
Minute 1: 40 Double Unders
Minute 2: 15/12 T2B
Minute 2: 10 Calorie Bike
Minute 4: 15 Barbell Rows (135, 95)
Minute 5: 10 Weighted Step-ups (24, 20) (45, 25)
*Score = Your goal for this year Open
Bike = 100 Meter Shuttle Sprint (50 out 50 back)
1a) Rolling Tricep Extensions: 3 x 12-15. Rest 30s
1b) Reverse Barbell Curls: 3 x 10-12. Rest 30s.
“I firmly believe that the ability to perform at 95% even on a bad day is even more important the the ability to perform at 101% on that day when you are rested up and everything is perfect.” –Glen Pendlay