Thanks to everyone who stayed for the nutrition class after Saturday’s workout. Lots of great info shared! If you missed it be sure to hit us up to stay updated.
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Take 8-10 sets and build to a 1RM Sumo Deadlift. As always, form takes precedence so if you start to lose it end your sets.
– Metcon: Repeat benchmark workout. Try to beat previous time if you have one. Otherwise establish a plan that allows you to avoid redlining. Squat clean Thrusters should be able to be done in fast singles. 90% effort today. This workout was last done on 20171103. Work on performing the new burpee-box jump standard today.
1) Sumo Deadlift: 1RM. Rest 2-3:00
– We performed a heavy double on 10/23
– Take 8-10 sets to progressively build to a 1RM increasing rest between heavier set.
2) Squat Thruster: Build to work weight in 3 sets performing sets of 1. Rest 60s.
Squat Clean Thrusters (135, 95)
Burpee Box Jumps (24, 20) (New Standard)
Rx+:(155, 105) (30, 24)
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (75, 55)
1a) Front Front Elevated Split Squat on 45# plate: 3 x 6 ea. Rest 45s.
1b) Beat Swings 3 x 10 reps each direction. Res 45s.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” –Arnold Schwarzenegger