If you haven’t tried a Saturday morning partner WOD we recommend it 🙂 If you can mark off some time on your schedule for a Saturday morning, we get a little more time to hang out and have a good time gettin’ our sweat on.
Some great events coming up. There are still spots for the Ma Strength weightlifting seminar on Saturday, February 10th available sign up here; Also this day we have the Cupid’s Chase 5k run and set a goal to raise at least $500 to donate to Community Options. Then we have the CrossFit Open. These WOD’s are designed for RX’d to Scaled and by age group. We complete five workouts as a group on Saturday’s. Finally we are looking to put some teams together for the Bataan Death March on Sunday, March 25th. There are multiple options to run or walk the 26.2 or 14.2 distances.
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Overhead Squat 3RM. Build to a challenging set of 3 or 3RM in 6-7 sets. If you’re not comfortable increasing load work on perfecting your technique.
– Metcon: This workout is very challenging, but should each round should be able to be done 5/5 and 10/10 for deadlift/wallball. Find a pace and sustain it even if that means starting slow. 70-80% for the first 8 minutes and then 90-100% effort for the last 2 minutes. Try to beat your previous score if you have one. Last done 20171030
1) Overhead Squat: 3RM. Rest 2:00.
– 6-7 sets progressively adding weight each set.
– Beginner: Perform sets of 5 adding weight if form permits.
– Beginner #2: Front Squat: 5 x 5, adding weight each set.
2) Warm-up Deadlifts and Wallballs
“Dead Ball V2”
10 Deadlifts (225, 155)
20 Wallballs (20, 14)
L3: (185, 125)
L2: (155, 105) (14, 10)
L1: (135, 95) (10, 8)
3 Rounds of:
30 Banded Leg Curls each
15 Half-Kneeling Banded Rotations each.
12 KB Hammer Curls
*Rest as needed between sets.