The open is here! Registration is open. Just do it!!!! It is not a matter of being good enough, it is about seeing what you can accomplish and having the courage and heart to go the extra mile (or inch 🙂 If you have not participated in the CrossFit open before just ask anyone who has, we have a blast. Come join the fun. Click HERE to register:
Friday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Last week of Speed work the Sumo DL. Remember that we perform Sumo DL to develop hips/hamstrings so make sure your stance is wide enough to have a vertical shin. Similar format to last week with slightly heavier loads.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout last done on 10/23. If you performed this last time hopefully you know where you can improve to beat for your old score. If not, break your sets early and stay away from redlining.
1) Sumo Deadlift: 5 x 2 for Speed @75%, every 60s then 4 x 1 @85% for Speed-Strength, every 60s.
– Reset on each rep
– Beginner: 5 x 5, focusing on perfect execution. Try to go heavier than last week. Rest 90s.
2) Hang Power Cleans: 3 x 3 building to Metcon weight. Rest 60s.
For total time:
50 Deadlifts (135, 95)
25 Bar Facing Burpees
40 Front Squats (135, 95)
20 Bar Facing Burpees
30 Hang Power Cleans (135, 95)
15 Bar Facing Burpees
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (75, 55)
Sub Deadlifts for Hang Power Cleans
18:00 Cap (Including 4:00 of rest)
1a) Dimel Deadlifts: 3 x 20. Rest 45s.
1b) Banded Plank Row: 3 x 10-12 each. Rest 45s.
“It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves” –Edmund Hillary