We had a great day of lifting on Saturday. Multiple PR’s and lots of bell ringing! For those of you not there for all the fun, you will have a chance to hit that heavy Clean today. We will have extra lifting programming starting today working up to the Lift off, so check the side white board to get that going. We had a great time with it last year, and will be looking forward to this year’s event. We were enjoying having Bryson and Paige with us. Unfortunately duty calls and he has been deployed. Paige will be going back home for a while, but we will look forward to having them both back in a few months. We have some more new faces as well so thank you all for making them feel welcome as usual. Keep a look out for this months newsletter for our upcoming events for the month of October!
Monday’s Training Intent:
– Strength: Spend today working up to a max on the Squat Clean. A 5 rep wide stance box squat. These are done with the same technique as our speed box squats ie. sitting back on the box, exploding up. Also some other accessory strength work of Single Leg RDL’s, Suitcase Deadlift: and Ab Work.
1) Squat Clean: Work up to a 1RM. Rest 2:00
2) Wide Stance Box Squat: Work up to a challenging set of 5. Rest 2:00
– Use a 15″ Box (parallel or slightly above).
3a) Single Leg BB RDLs: 3 x 10 ea. Rest 60s.
3b) Suitcase Deadlift: 3 x 8 ea. Rest 60s.
4) Ab Plate up + Russian Twist: 4 x 10 + 20. Rest as needed.
Front Rack Walking Lunges w. two KBs: 3 x 20. Rest 60s.
“When life takes the wind out of your sails, it is to test you at the oars.” — Robert Brault
Saturday’s WOD Result’s: