I know, I know it has been way too long! I have been MIA and I apologize!
I have good News! I have two new things that I tried that were not failures! The first one was coconut pancakes. They were OK. The taste is pretty good, I personally like the texture of the oatmeal pancakes better though. Both are good options for gluten free and high fiber options.
The next new thing I tried is called cloud bread. This was an absolute win. They take a bit of work because you have to whip up egg whites ’till they have firm peaks then fold in cream cheese and the egg yolks and bake them. After they cooled, I made a turkey burger and it totally held up.
I stored the others in a ziplock in the fridge. Then I had a sandwich a day or two later, and low and behold they still held up. The next day I put the last two in the toaster for a sandwich and that was still good too. Though you have to keep the toaster on a pretty low setting and probably not let it go for the whole time so they don’t burn. I let them go just a bit too long, but they were still good. AND they still held up for my sandwich. Yay! Winning! Two delicious wins 🙂
Here is the recipe for the cloud bread:
- 3 eggs, separated
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons softened cream cheese or Greek yogurt
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C.
2. Separate the eggs into two bowls.
3. Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and whip into stiff peaks.
4. Add the cream cheese or yogurt into the yolks and mix until combined.
5. Fold half of the egg whites into the yolks until just combined. Add the rest and fold again until incorporated.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place six dollops of the mixture on the tray (about ½ cup each).
7. Spread out the circles with a spatula to about ½ inch thick.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
9. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
Cheers to another week of consistency. What we do over the long haul is what’s important. That is how we make lasting improvement in our health.
Have fun with these and let me know how you like them!